- The Wonderful World of Medicaid Waivers, a video with information about waivers in Ohio.
- Nursing Services for the Individual Options (I/O) Waive
WHAT IS EVV?
EVV, or electronic visit verification, is a new system being adopted by the Ohio Department of Medicaid. Congress required EVV when it passed the 21st Century Cures Act in 2016. EVV is used to verify provider visits and collect data on these visits. Medicaid has contracted with Sandata Technologies as the provider of the EVV system.
WHO IS REQUIRED TO USE EVV?
Medicaid requires individuals to participate in EVV if they use the following fee-for-service providers who directly bill Medicaid:
- State Plan Home Health Aide
- State Plan Home Health Nursing – RN
- State Plan Home Health Nursing - LPN
- State Plan Private Duty Nursing (PDN)
- Ohio Home Care Waiver Nursing – RN
- Ohio Home Care Waiver Nursing – LPN
- Ohio Home Care Waiver Personal Care Aide
- Ohio Home Care Waiver Home Care Attendant
- State Plan RN assessment
Click for the EVV Fact Sheet