Welcome to the Union County Board of Developmental Disabilities' website.  The county board provides services and supports to eligible individuals with a developmental disability of any age who live in Union County. 


If you are the parent of a child that is birth through 2 years of age, eligibility is determined through the Union County Help Me Grow Intake Department to receive Early Intervention services.   If you have concerns about a child's development or you want to make a referral for a child that you have concerns about their development, call 937-642-6911.


If you are the parent of a child that is 3 - 6 years old, eligibility is determined through the Harold Lewis Center, which is the county board's special needs preschool.  If you want to make a referral for a child for the Harold Lewis Center, please call 937-645-6714.


If you are the parent of a child age 6 and older, you obtain eligibility through the county board.  The person to contact is Laura Ledley.  Her email is lledley@ucbdd.org and her direct phone number is 937-645-6792 and she will be able to help you begin the eligibility process.


Thank you for visiting.  If you have general questions, you can call our direct agency phone number at 937-645-6733.  Have a great day!

Below is a link to a short YouTube video explaining developmental disability services that are available in the state of Ohio.

This is a 2 minute video from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities about the developmental disability services in Ohio.




Contact Us